My family don’t (really) celebrate Halloween. In fact most Chinese don’t. I mean it’s not really a tradition for them ergo treat or treating is uncommon. Some childhood right? But that’s not the worst part. By the age of 4 or 5 I knew that Santa Clause was fake, thanks to my nursery teacher who probably drank too much eggnog! But I wasn’t pissed at her so much for that because I was also guilty of spoiling my little brother’s childhood fantasy, I told him that Santa died of Diabetes and tooth fairies are broke — not entirely my fault, my mom didn’t leave a gift under his pillow in exchange for his tooth and he asked me why. My brother was 5 and I was 14 so that’s the best impromptu answer I can think of. The poor thing…sorry Brian, I’ll be a better sister next time (?) But I learn my lesson, growing up too fast is just not cute so for my own lil’ hyper bug, I promised myself that she’s gonna get a world painted pink full of flowers with Santa, fairies and ponies. That means she’s going to enjoy treat or treating this Halloween and loads of presents under the Christmas tree. The photo is a halloween witch costume I just made for her its a simple no sew tutu with matching printed shirt and felt witch hat I designed. Ready for treat or treating !
INSIDE MY HOME
1. Do you live in an apartment/condo, townhouse or house? House.
2. What is your home’s coolest feature? Our garden. We have a bench swing where I like to think or clear my head.
3. Do you enjoy DIY projects? If so, what are you working on now? Yes. I just finished the Cutesy Patootsy Halloween witch costume for my daughter. Right now I’m thinking of painting something for the Halloween ( other than pumpkin ).
4. When using the dishwasher do you use powder detergent or liquid? Liquid, since its easier to use.
5. Do you have a TV in your bedroom? Yes.
6. Is your range gas or electric? Gas.
7. How often do you sweep/mop/vacuum? I don’t really. We have maids. But I always clean up after myself.
8. What is your favorite place to shop for home furniture and accents? Hmmm I don’t like shopping much. I guess the mall nearest to my home, provided its not crowded.
9. Do you decorate for holidays? Yes, last year we have a decorated Christmas tree in the sala and a few figurines here and there. Very simple. But this time I’m going to try harder to make our home more fun and Christmasy.
10. If you could have HGTV come in and redo one room in your home which room would you choose? Master room. Needs more space.
Ok. Hello blog readers. If you like to participate here’s what you should do:
- Answer this week’s questions on your own blog.
- Add your link in the comments section here and on alltheweigh.com. That way we will be able to see your Friend Making Monday responses and leave a comment for you.
- Leave a comment on other participating bloggers’ sites to let them know you were there.
- Invite your blog readers to participate in Friend Making Monday.